Seems like this is the "in" thing now... in the last 2 years, I have attended quite a few friends' wedding. Well for those who know me, you know that I will only attend very close friends weddings.... it's not about saving the 'ang bao' money but the significance of attending...
I just attended a close friend's wedding few days ago and her wedding left me with some deep thoughts. No..it's not about "when's my turn" but it's the strong emotions that surfaced when I attended the wedding... Lots of history came back to my mind.... all good and bad! I don't think it's about feeling nostalgic having met so many ex-classmates and schoolmates at the dinner. It's all mixed of strange feelings - can't really decipher.
Any ways I'm very happy for the bride and groom... and I like the idea of meeting some old friends. And of course, had to see those that I have no wish of seeing... I am still the same... dreading to meet some people and I made no effort to be chatting up with them.
So why do you marry the guy or the gal? What is marriage all about?
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
'in' thing? hmm... well, people tend to get married around our age. i don't know how far that qualifies as something being 'in'.
i remember reading somewhere that marriage is what a couple do when they have nothing left to talk about. after deciding to get married, that provides enough conversation to last a lifetime.
it was meant as a joke, of course but sometimes, i see this as kind of true. at least in the sense that conversation definitely does change after deciding to get hitched.
missed you at the game on saturday... do tell what good wine you were consuming... =P
well Ken... there are more weddings to attend in the coming couple of years then....
that goes without saying...
hi lena,
was randomly surfing when i came across your blog. i thought blogger made a mistake when your page loaded, because i've been using the exact same template for my blog. (I thought i click my own tragedinne blog my mistake). it was only after a year that my blog seemed to get a life of its own, so how about posting your sailing experience?
with relevance to this post, i beg to differ on kenneth's point of view on marriage. once a couple has nothing left to talk about, getting married would be a mistake. imagine a lifetime of awakward silence and loneliness.
Post a Comment