Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A la folie pas du tout

I wasn't planning to write a blog but this morning's conversation over yahoo left me with some deep thoughts.

It was the usual girlie chat that we had - rational vs emotional. Should we follow the heart or follow the mind? Sometimes, I wonder why we have to be so clear-minded when it comes to matters of heart. There will always be so many "what if"s and "may be"s in our lives and yet we will lay them all on the table to think it through before deciding whether to like a guy or not.

At times, I think our lives are too short to miss oportunities. I have friends who are even more rational than I am... they put a stop before even giving themselves and the guys a chance. So what if he has baggage? Do we simply rule that guy out? The "what if he still loves his wife and wants to reconcile", "what if the kids do not like her", "what if my family does not accept him".... the what ifs are endless... but I think the most important "what if" is... what if he does not love me any more. Relationship may not survive on love alone but without love, a couple would not even be together.

I'm not exactly an opportunist but I think under right circumstances, I am. I will go where my heart or gut tells me to. My current job gives me the energy to live (besides paying all my bills).... sailing is my greatest love... and sailing around the world is my dream. I am hopeful that I will make my dream come true. After watching another Audrey (Amelie) Tautou's film "I want to be famous", (not that I want to be famous, though Audrey (Val) did in the film) I strongly believe that realising own's dreams is the greatest achievements of one's life. Will my dream come true? Dunno but I'm still working towards that every day....

As for the "man of my life', I'm waiting for him to cross my path. Till the day comes, I will live the life that I love.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi lena... think it's great that you've started blogging. good way to keep in touch with out of touch friends. :)

pity i can't join you all later for dinner at chijmes. hopefully the new year will be better for us all.

cheers,
nick

sailawaybaby said...

Hi Nick

Thanks... and yes blogging is a good way to keep in touch with out-of-touch friends like you.

Hope all is well at your end too.

cheers
lena